Overland Expects to Exceed $24 Million Revenue for 4FQ14 - Up from $20 million for former quarter
Overland Storage, Inc. announced an update on its business operations to address recent successes.
"The company continues to execute on its plan to become a global leader in the rapidly-growing virtualization, cloud computing, mobile and data management markets," said Eric Kelly, president and CEO, Overland. "We are seeing positive customer responses to the combination of Overland and Tandberg, and are progressing towards achieving the operational efficiencies required to return to profitability. In addition, our recent financial results, coupled with product growth and achievements, are providing a good foundation as we progress into our next growth phase."
- Net revenue for the fourth quarter of FY2014 is expected to exceed $24 million, up from approximately $20 million from the third fiscal quarter.
- RDX revenue is expected to exceed $8 million for the fourth quarter of FY2014, up from approximately $6 million in the third quarter.
- NAS revenue increased more than 20% from the third quarter to the fourth quarter of FY2014.
- Integration with Tandberg Data: The company is continuing to remain on track with its integration plan, and expects to achieve approximately $20 million in annual synergies, as previously disclosed, by the end of calendar year 2014.
- RDX: The RDX product line has reached a milestone with over 2 million RDX removable disk cartridges and over 650,000 RDX drives shipped worldwide.
- NAS: The company announced the newest version of its GuardianOS NAS OS with enhanced features for simplified storage management, improved compatibility, security and performance. Optimized for reliability and speed, GuardianOS delivers storage provisioning, data protection, improved cross-platform file sharing, mixed client network environments, and security. GuardianOS 7.5 is available for download.
- Tape business: In June, Overland Storage won Tape-Based Product of the Year at the 2014 Storage Awards for its NEO 8000e tape library, and was named runner-up for the Tandberg StorageLibrary T40+.
- SnapServer and BitTorrent Collaboration: Earlier this month, the company announced collaboration with BitTorrent, Inc. to embed BitTorrent Sync within Overland's SnapServer NAS product line. Available, this solution delivers an integrated, secure private cloud mobility solution, and synchronizes files between geographically-dispersed mobile devices, tablets, desktop clients and networked storage systems with no transfer limits or subscription fees.
- Virtualization business continues through the company's existing partnership with Sphere3D.
Several customers are participating in the early adopter and pilot
programs including organizations in key market segments such as:
- Public Sector: Thousand+ Chromebook implementation based on Glassware 2.0
- Healthcare: A network of hospitals are implementing a combined solution that includes SnapServer DX2, V3 appliances, and Glassware2.0
- Cloud Deployment: A leading business productivity applications suite virtualized by the Glassware 2.0 and built on an Overland cloud infrastructure
- BDT Lawsuit Settlement: Overland has settled all claims in its patent infringement litigation filed against BDT Media Automation GmbH. As part of the settlement agreement, Overland has entered into a patent cross-license agreement with BDT Media Automation GmbH and an investment in Overland by BDT.
- Sphere3D Merger: Overland's definitive merger agreement with Sphere3D Corporation is progressing with a Form F-4 registration statement that was filed on July 23